Register early to attend the Family Caregiver Conference brought to you by the Wilson Care Group and AARP Hawaii on Saturday, October 4, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 12:30PM at the Japanese Cultural Center, 5th Floor Manoa Grand Ball Room, in Honolulu. This is a good opportunity to gain relevant information from professionals in the area of caregiving. Topics include:
- Medicaid Long-term Care
- Legal Issues – Wills, Trusts, Estates
- Long-term Care Insurance – How to Choose a Plan
- Family Dynamics and Communication
- Tips for Hiring and Working with Professionals
- Services and Transportation to Help People Live at HOme
- Myth Busters – Diet and Nutrition
- Activities to Help Speech and Movement
- Getting your Documents in Order
- Improving the Quality of Life at Home
- Coping with Challenging Behaviors in Dementia
- Caregiver to Caregiver Rap Session
There will also be a resource fair, featuring different local agencies, including the Prosecutor’s very own Elder Abuse Justice Unit.
Register by phone at 1-877-926-8300 or by website.
Parking at the JCC is $5.
Japanese Cultural Center
550 South King Street, Honolulu